[SNMP4J] reg: USM and MPV3

satish gummadelli satishgummadelli at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 12:22:51 CET 2010

Hi,
I have a requirement to send a snmp pdu to the 2 different NMS.
Till now we have only one NMS and which is running fine with threads.

Now after adding the second NMS .. which has its own configurations[engine
id, address  and user name].

what we are doing is we are using only one snmp session to send the pdus.

and trying to create different USMs and MPV3 for different NMS and it is
giving

org.snmp4j.MessageException: Message processing model 3 returned error:
Unknown security name
at org.snmp4j.MessageDispatcherImpl.sendPdu(MessageDispatcherImpl.java:465)

our requirement is to use only one snmp session , and using threads we will
forward the traps to 2 different NMS  systems ...

--
Satish Gummadelli