[SNMP4J] DefaultTcpTransportMapping and high CPU usage

Todd Wohlers twohlers at yahoo.com
Wed May 12 22:27:19 CEST 2010

I am evaluating snmp4j-agentx-1.3 (and snmpj-1.11) to develop a subagent.  I am current using net-snmp 5.4 as the master agent and running the TestSubagent example. When I run the example, it works, I can walk the objects in the subagent, but CPU usage is at 100%.

I noticed a couple of recent threads mention high CPU usage, NIO select issues and the suggestion to upgrade to a newer jdk.  I tried jdk1.6_20 (the latest), but it didn't fix the issue.

I am running on linux with a 64bit 2.6 kernel and 64bit jdk 1.6_20.

Any ideas?