[SNMP4J] Usm_Stats_Not_In_Time_Window problem in SNMP4j

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Tue Nov 16 15:05:10 CET 2010

Hi,

> I have written my own ReportHandler to handle usmStatsNotInTimeWindow.

> 2) Now communication is going smoothely as both r in sync. But if I
> change the time of NESIM (Decrease system time), so both wont be in sync.
>
> -> now when manager sends SET or GET request to NE, NE will reply back
> with Report (usmStatsNotInTimeWindow), bcz manager has higher value of
> NE Boot or time diff is more than 150.
>
> -> here m facing problem...On getting this Report my handler doesn't get
> invoke.

the report handler is not invoked, as the report is thrown away, because
it is too old.

If this happens, you have two options:
- Blame the developer of the agent and ask him to fix it
- Add some code to your application that resets time information for
those buggy agents (but only those) if you do not get a response any more.

Regards,
  Jochen