[SNMP4J] Example: How to receive traps by SNMP4j?

Pablo Gus pablogus at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 08:25:47 CEST 2010

Hello,

I'm doing an snmp agent in Java (netbeans 6.9.1) using the library SNMP4j.
I wonder if anyone has any simple example of how to receive and handle traps
generated by an agent.

I saw something in other threads but I could not compile any. The idea is to
receive traps (linkDown linkUp) through port 162 and process the traps,
measuring time.

I would appreciate if someone can give a simple example to listen to port
162 traps and how to handle. Ther is no problem with the agent because I'm
using a sniffer and traps arrive correctly.

PS: if anyone has the answer in Spanish, would be much better! :)

Thanks! Regards,
Pablo.

--
Pablo Gus