[SNMP4J] (snmp4j-1.10.1) java.lang.IllegalStateException: Timer already cancelled.

Scott Walker scott.walker at uk.ibm.com
Tue Jul 19 11:29:30 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am seeing the same issue as Mayilraj Krishnan, which is described here:
http://lists.agentpp.org/pipermail/snmp4j/2010-December/004397.html

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Timer already cancelled.
        at java.util.Timer.sched(Timer.java:354)
        at java.util.Timer.schedule(Timer.java:170)
        at org.snmp4j.util.DefaultTimerFactory$TimerAdapter.schedule
(DefaultTimerFactory.java:47)
        at org.snmp4j.Snmp$PendingRequest.pduHandleAssigned(Snmp.java:1547)

We're using almost the same version of SNMP4J, namely 1.10.1 and despite
lots of large scale testing we have seen this only once. Our Snmp instance
is a singleton that is never closed - we create it and start listening at
start time.

Is it possible that upgrading to a more recent version of SNMP4J might
help?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Scott

(Apologies for the repost, my original subject line was useless. Could a
moderator delete if for me?)