[SNMP4J] DuplicationRegistrationException

karuna s sirivars2004.sw at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 14:10:46 CEST 2011

Hello,

I am beginner to snmp4j. I have a task to write my own mib file.
So when i want to register oid's to agent, it is throwing an exception
DuplicationRegistrationException.

testOID = "1.3.6.1.9348.13.1.2...";
registerManagedObject(new MOScalar(testOID,MOAccessImpl.ACCESS_READ_ONLY,new
OctetString("Sample OID")));

testOID1 = "1.3.6.1.9348.13.1.3...";
registerManagedObject(new
MOScalar(testOID1,MOAccessImpl.ACCESS_READ_ONLY,new OctetString("Sample
OID")));

public void registerManagedObject(ManagedObject mo) {
        try {
            //server.register(mo,new OctetString("look2"));
                        server.register(mo, null);
        } catch (DuplicateRegistrationException ex) {
            throw new RuntimeException(ex);

How to avoid this problem?

Thanks in advance :).

Regards