[SNMP4J] SNMP4J agent - 1.4.2 - scalabilty & performance numbers

Rajasekhar Gogula gogularajasekhar at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 06:58:32 CET 2012

Hi SNMP4J experts,

  I am using SNMP4J agent and trying to send 50,000 requests per minute. I
am able to poll successfully but it is failing for very few variables(0-50)
once in a while.  I would like to know if any one has performed performance
/ scalabilty testing on SNMP4J-agent1.4.2 (or later versions).  Would like
to know the number of variables that can be polled per minute. Are there
any best practices or guidelines to improve the scalability of SNMP4J agent?

Regards,
Rajasekhar Gogula