[SNMP4J] Need detailed procedure for making NET-snmp (sma) subgent to snmp4j

Rob Morton rob.d.morton at alcatel-lucent.com
Thu May 31 19:01:03 CEST 2012

Hi,

   All references I can find on net-snmp-5.5 seem to state that to run
net-snmp as a subagent, you provide -X as an option to snmpd...no
mention of a TCP port to connect to though...and also no mention of "--X
<port>" as an option neither...

   So, I'm confused...what am I missing?  Could someone point me to a
web page (other than the one below) which telss me how to connect
net-snmp to my snmp4j AgentXMasteragent-based snmp agent...

Thanks,
Rob