[SNMP4J] News: MIB Explorer for Android / AGENT++ Server Maintenance

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Tue Jan 1 22:27:14 CET 2013

Hi,

A happy New Year 2013 to you all!

++++ NEWS ++++

This month AGENT++ will release MIB Explorer for Android. It will be
the first application on Android (3.2 and later) that fully supports
SNMP v1,2c,3 and SMI v1,2 with a smooth and user-friendly user
interface. See more details on http://www.mibexplorer.com next week.

The major features are:
* MIB tree browsing with filtering by SMI content with regex (i.e.,
object name).
* Create PDUs directly from MIB tree/browse/trap results.
* Load, send, and save PDUs.
* Set index values for VBs in PDUs through a wizard.
* Receive traps/notifications (through WLAN, GSM does not work, because
traffic
is blocked in most cases by ISP).
* Compile MIB files (single text file or ZIP, from device or URL).
* View SNMP tables with optionally hiding columns to display.
* SNMP v1,2c,3 with UDP and TCP (IPv4 and v6).

++++ AGENT++ Server Maintenance ++++

I took the chance of low server traffic between the Years - as we say in
Germany -
to move the server.oosnmp.net to a new hardware base.
Unfortunately, this changes also its IP address.

To access the JIRA, while the DNS change is being processed, use the
following
After the DNS is updated, the JIRA for support contracts will be accessible
through https://oosnmp.net/jira

HTTPs would work too with the IP, but the certificate is not up-to-date
because of the pending DNS change.

The online MIB validation can be acessed through:
http://213.165.89.28/mibtools/MIBTools.jsp

The agentpp.org domain and thus the mailing lists will be moved in
February 2013
with approximately a weekend downtime. Details will follow.

Best regards,
Frank Fock

--
---