[SNMP4J] The results of your email commands

Hallur,Parashuram hallur.p.t at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 01:15:01 CET 2013

Thank you so much for the response Frank.

What do you exactly mean by "trap is bound to IPv6 address"?

This means, the application which is running on IPv6 address is trying to
send a notification to the trap receiver running on a dual stack IP ( both
Ipv4 & IPv6 )mode machine.

Thanks,
Parash

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 5:39 AM, Frank Fock <fock at agentpp.com> wrote:

>  Hi Parash,
>
> What do you exactly mean by "trap is bound to IPv6 address"?
>
> (If you tried to set the agentAddress field in a trap/notification with a
> IPv6 address
> you will fail, as SNMP supports IPv4 addresses only for this field.

> Am 06.03.2013 01:05, schrieb Hallur,Parashuram:
>
>   Frank or any body else on the forum:
>
>  Would you please help me with pointers on how to fix this issue? What
> needs to be done to be able to send the traps from IPv6 application?
>  Thanks for any pointers.
>
>  Parash
>

> On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 7:24 AM, <snmp4j-owner at agentpp.org> wrote:
>
>> The results of your email command are provided below. Attached is your

>>> Maximilian-Kolbe-Str. 10
>>> 73257 Koengen, Germany