[SNMP4J] Please Help, Notification Filtering (code included)

m k mkeller01 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 6 16:20:59 CET 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out notification filtering, and only having a bit of success. I managed to set up a notification profile that is checked, but it turns out that no matter what I do,
 ALL notifications are blocked. In this example, I'm trying to ALLOW the coldstart notification to notify--and its not working. I'd really appreciate some help.

Thanks

The following is the code, but this might look mangled on the mailing list, so I'm including a pastebin, too.

http://pastebin.com/ti0efAMv

Code:

/* Works. Creates filter profile */

notificationMIB.getNotifyFilterProfileTable().addRow(
                    notificationMIB.getNotifyFilterProfileTable().createRow(
                        new OctetString("v2c").toSubIndex(true), // true - implied length
                        new Variable[]{
                            new OctetString("onlyDefault"),
                            new Integer32(StorageType.permanent),
                            new Integer32(RowStatus.active)}));

/* Fails. Matches nothing, blocks everything */
notificationMIB.getNotifyFilterTable().addRow(
                    notificationMIB.getNotifyFilterTable().createRow(
                                                        // false - Not implied length              true - Implied length
                            new OctetString("onlyDefault").toSubIndex(false).append(new OID(new int[]{1,3,6}).toSubIndex(true)),
                            new Variable[]{
                                new OID(new int[]{1,3,6}),
                                new OctetString(),
                                new Integer32(1), // Included
                                new Integer32(StorageType.permanent),
                                new Integer32(RowStatus.active)}));

109 [LexBeanRunInterruptable(LexLocalHostBean):Thread-15] INFO org.snmp4j.agent.mo.snmp.NotificationOriginatorImpl  - Notification 1.3.6.1.6.3.1.1.5.1 reported with [] for context
109 [LexBeanRunInterruptable(LexLocalHostBean):Thread-15] INFO org.snmp4j.agent.mo.snmp.NotificationOriginatorImpl  - Notification 1.3.6.1.6.3.1.1.5.1 did not pass filter 118.50.99
109 [LexBeanRunInterruptable(LexLocalHostBean):Thread-15] WARN org.snmp4j.agent.mo.snmp.NotificationOriginatorImpl  - Access denied by VACM for 1.3.6.1.6.3.1.1.5.1