[SNMP4J] Fwd: Issue in SNMP set operation. Getting Error status 14 - commitFailed

vasanth vasanthu.ala at gmail.com
Thu May 2 15:55:36 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am using SNMP4J API for SNMP set operation.

I tried to set the syslocation for the *ASR 9k device (SNMP V2)*. but set
operation is failed and getting error response.

Error Status: 14
Error Text: commitFailed<http://www.snmp4j.org/doc/org/snmp4j/PDU.html#commitFailed>

If i give the wrong credential, then i am getting the error response as"No
Access". But here i am trying with correct credentials only.

could you please help me here why i am getting
commitFailed<http://www.snmp4j.org/doc/org/snmp4j/PDU.html#commitFailed>
 error. In what scenario we will get this response.

Note: I am not facing this issue for other Cisco IOS devices.

Thanks,
Vasantharajan