[SNMP4J] Snmp agent Listener can bind with 127.0.0.1 to listen from different machine?

smruti sagar panda smrutisagarpanda at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 16:16:36 CET 2014

Hi,
I am using SNMP4J for my snmp agent application.If my snmp agent and server
are running in same machine, that time my agent is able to listen binding
with 127.0.0.1. But my agent is not able to listen if server is running in
remote machine.  If I will bind my agent with 0.0.0.0, then it can listen
from remote machine also.

But as per my security requirement I should not bind my process with
0.0.0.0 .

Is there any way ,I can use 127.0.0.1 or I can use machine IP(in this case
multiple NIC case will be there).
Regards
Smruti