[SNMP4J] - BER -> OID resolution i.e : snmpCommunityName

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Wed Jan 1 18:03:17 CET 2014

Hi Maurice,

I think the BER (Basic Encoding Rules) isn't the problem here.
The BER encodes/decodes a numeric object identifier (i.e., an
array of usinged 32bit integer values) to/from a network encoding
that is independent from the byte and word order of a system.

What you are looking for is SNMP4J-SMI which provides
OID to object (last) name conversion and index to string
conversions.

If you have SNMP4J-SMI in place, OID.toString() will provide
you the value you are looking for.

--
---
AGENT++