[SNMP4J] Fwd: How respond to a set action?

Giuseppe Giusti giuseppe.giusti at syncromed.it
Thu Jan 30 12:17:29 CET 2014

Hi, I'm trying to respond to a set action for a specific OID .
The set action is performed by a MIB browser but i recived:

Sent SET request to localhost : 161
Request Failed: Error: Request Timed Out to localhost

I'm able to intercept the request with the code above
but how can I reply to the MIB Browser that all its OK?

 @Override
    public void processPdu(CommandResponderEvent event) {

        PDU pdu = event.getPDU();

 if(pdu.getType()==PDU.SET){

           System.out.println("Getting some request to set same oid value");
           System.out.println("OID of variable binding get from set
request---> " +pdu.getVariableBindings().get(0).getOid());
           System.out.println("value of variable binding get from set
request---> " +pdu.getVariableBindings().get(0).getVariable());

Thanks
Giuseppe