[SNMP4J] DefaultTcpTransportMapping: socket disconnect causes timeouts for all

Ladd ladd at codemettle.com
Tue Jun 3 15:59:50 CEST 2014

> Hi Ladd,
>
> Have you set SNMP4J.setForwardRuntimeExceptions(true)?
> Then you can set it to "false" to ignore runtime exceptions.
> Otherwise, please send me the full stack trace of the exception.

Frank,

The exception I'm seeing is when one of the agents is stopped.  This is when
the other still-running agent begins timing out.  The exception when the
first agent is stopped looks like this:

2014-06-03 09:29:46,496 WARN
[o.s.t.DefaultTcpTransportMapping] - java.io.IOException: An
existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
2014-06-03 09:29:46,506 WARN  [Transport: tcp-snmp]
- java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the
remote host
	at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read0(Native Method)
	at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(SocketDispatcher.java:25)
	at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:198)
	at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:171)
	at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(SocketChannelImpl.java:245)
	at
DefaultTcpTransportMapping$ServerThread.readMessage
	(DefaultTcpTransportMapping.java:983)
	at
DefaultTcpTransportMapping$ServerThread.run
	(DefaultTcpTransportMapping.java:811)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

I'm not seeing exceptions related to the second agent timing out.  Those are
indicated by the getTable's response TableEvent.getStatus().

Thanks!

- Ladd