[SNMP4J] DefaultTcpTransportMapping: socket disconnect causes timeouts for all

Ladd ladd at codemettle.com
Thu Jun 5 15:45:13 CEST 2014

Frank Fock <fock at ...> writes:

> Hi Ladd,
>
> I cannot reproduce the behavior. Even after killing (-15) one of the
> agents, the second
> still works like a charm with the SNMP4J using Oracle JRE 1.7.0_55 on
> Windows 7 SP 1.

Hi Frank,

That's interesting.  When you suggested a possible JVM bug I tried it here
on Windows with JRE 1.7.0_51.  I still saw the timeouts to the second agent.

Is your test program small enough to send me?  If I see how you did it I
might be able to see what I'm doing differently.

Thanks again for the help!

- Ladd