[SNMP4J] Reg: Not able to receive traps with AuthPriv security level

Nithin Jagadeesh nithin.jagadeesh at velankani.com
Mon Jun 23 14:27:14 CEST 2014

Hi,

I am trying to listen the traps from SNMPv3 agent with security level
‘authPriv’ but, could not succeed. Verified the protocol and password
phrases at both the ends (manager and agent) and they are configured
correctly.

When I tried to debug at receiver end with the latest
snmp4j-2.3.0-distribution source code, I found that authentication is
failing (i.e., the original digest and recalculated digest are not matching
AuthGeneric.isAuthentic() in specific) with message ‘RFC3414 §3.2.6 Wrong
digest -> authentication failure’.

If I run snmp trap receiver using  net-snmp CLI(command used ‘sudo snmptrapd
-f -C -c /tmp/snmptrapd.conf –Le’) it is able to receive the traps from
agent.

Is it I am missing something?

Waiting for your valuable reply.

Thanks & Regards,