[SNMP4J] SnapshotAgent Question

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Tue Mar 11 08:36:28 CET 2014

Hi,

Yes, generally that is that simple. However, also the snapshot agent
needs some
MIBs to control its security settings. In your case, the object
registration clashes
here.
You can overwrite the getContext(MOGroup mibGroup) method of the
SnapshotAgent
(BaseAgent) in order to define a different context for the standard SNMP
MIBs of
your snapshot agent. Alternatively, you may also overwriten the method

   protected void registerSnmpMIBs() {
     try {
       snmpTargetMIB.registerMOs(server, getContext(snmpTargetMIB));
       snmpNotificationMIB.registerMOs(server,
getContext(snmpNotificationMIB));
       vacmMIB.registerMOs(server, getContext(vacmMIB));
       usmMIB.registerMOs(server, getContext(usmMIB));
       snmpv2MIB.registerMOs(server, getContext(snmpv2MIB));
       snmpFrameworkMIB.registerMOs(server, getContext(snmpFrameworkMIB));
       snmpCommunityMIB.registerMOs(server, getContext(snmpCommunityMIB));
       snmp4jLogMIB.registerMOs(server, getContext(snmp4jLogMIB));
       if (snmp4jConfigMIB != null) {
         snmp4jConfigMIB.registerMOs(server, getContext(snmp4jConfigMIB));
       }
       snmpProxyMIB.registerMOs(server, getContext(snmpProxyMIB));
       registerManagedObjects();
     }
     catch (DuplicateRegistrationException ex) {
       ex.printStackTrace();

In order to not register those standard MIBs at all or on a different
context.
If you register any MIBs on a non-default context you need to setup the VACM
accordingly to be able to access those objects. The agent should work
anyway.

Hope this helps.