[SNMP4J] forwarding traps to NMS via a proxy

Shivi Goel -X (shivigoe - NICHEPRO TECHNOLOGIES PRIVATE LIMITED at Cisco) shivigoe at cisco.com
Tue Nov 11 07:47:40 CET 2014

Hi,
How to implement IP spoofing for v2/v3 traps using SNMP4J?
I have a project requirement where we need to have a trap collector between the network element and NMS, so the traps would be forwarded to NMS via this trap collector and not directly from this device.
But the NMS is not aware of this middle layer and should feel as if the trap is coming directly from the device.
For v1 traps, setAgentAddress() is available in snmp4j which maps the v1 trap to real device in NMS
But there is no such support for v2 and v3 traps. How to handle this v2/v3 trap forwarding via proxy?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Shivi