[SNMP4J] SNMP4J based Network Manager project

Jonathan.Hopper at schneider-electric.com Jonathan.Hopper at schneider-electric.com
Fri Aug 12 11:35:24 CEST 2016

Hi, I have used SNMP4j quite successfully to set up our SNMP client
functionality.

I am now looking for a SNMP Manager to be our 'recommended' solution.
However I am not finding one that quiet fits our requirements.  I am
wondering if you know of any open source SNMP manager projects which use
SNMP4j as their base.  It is possible that we might look into contributing
to such a project as a way of getting what we need.

The sort of things we are looking for are:
* SNMP support and trap support for multiple (generally 5-10) agents.
* Nice visual UI
* Easy setup on cross platform (Windows and Linux)  We work with java
agents.

I know this is a bit of a shopping list, and a bit off topic, but it seems
like the sort of project that SNMP4j lends itself to quite well, I just
cant find it!

Jonathan Hopper |   APC by Schneider Electric   |  IT Business  |   Ireland
|   Senior Software Engineer

Email: Jonathan.Hopper at schneider-electric.com  |   Site:
www.schneider-electric.com/ie  |   Address: APC by Schneider Electric, City
East Business Park, Galway, Ireland

*** Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail