[SNMP4J] OSGI support for snmp4j

Mert Çalışkan mcaliskan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 23:25:31 CET 2016

Hi,

I created a fork of SNMP4J v2.5.3 on github (https://github.com/mulderbaba/snmp4j) to provide OSGI support. log4j is not OSGI compatible so I replaced it with JDK logging. Some tests depend on log4j though, those could be replaced with the logging abstract that SNMP4j provides.

I used BND tools for OSGI support, which is creating manifest files, that also can be replaced with a suitable maven plugin in order to provide OSGI support in regarding containers, like felix in our case.

Mert Çalışkan
Oracle Java Champion
Developer (http://www.t2.com.tr), Lecturer (http://www.cs.hacettepe.edu.tr/kisiler.html), JUG Leader (http://www.ankarajug.org), Author (http://www.amazon.com/author/mert)
https://tr.linkedin.com/in/mertcaliskan