[SNMP4J] Regarding Request Time Out issue with TableUtils's getTable method

Shajahan Shaik Mohammed -X (shamoham - HCL TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED at Cisco) shamoham at cisco.com
Thu Mar 24 12:50:03 CET 2016

Hi SNMP4J Team,
                              We are using TableUtils's getTable method to perform SNMP bulk operation.  We noticed that sometimes the last event (TableEvent) is returning STATUS_TIMEOUT.  But when we took the tcpdump and analysed the output, we noticed that we are getting successful response from the device. There are no error in the snmp response.

         We tried increasing the SNMP 4j timeout value but still it doesn't help.

    Please suggest what could be the problem.

Thanks and Regards,
Shajahan