[SNMP4J] Bug report: org.snmp4j.MessageException: Socket is closed

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Wed May 4 08:43:24 CEST 2016

Hi,

First of all, you are using a pretty old SNMP4J version, I recommend an
upgrade.
The socket is closed most likely by the operating system. A reason could be
that it was not used for a longer time and the operating system
reclaimed that socket.

More likely, the close() operation has been called on the transport
object by some
other thread (or the same) because of some other network error.