[SNMP4J] Which library should I use?

BYEONG-GI KIM bgkim at bluedigm.com
Thu Oct 6 07:22:12 CEST 2016

Hello.

I'm a new who get started to learn snmp agent & manager implementations via
snmp4j.

I have a question; I've been practicing how the source code is written so
that I copied and pasted several example codes from some blogs and websites
like,

http://www.jitendrazaa.com/blog/java/snmp/creating-snmp-agent-server-in-java-using-snmp4j/

The problem is the source code has an error from the line
"communityMIB.getSnmpCommunityEntry().addRow(row);" with the error message
"The method addRow(SnmpCommunityMIB.SnmpCommunityEntryRow) in the type
MOTable<SnmpCommunityMIB.SnmpCommunityEntryRow,MOColumn,MOMutableTableModel<SnmpCommunityMIB.SnmpCommunityEntryRow>>
is not applicable for the arguments (MOTableRow)"

I so thought that I'm using wrong snmp4j version, which was the newest
version at the maven repo (
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.snmp4j/snmp4j/2.5.2) though. I thus
changed the libraries to the things that attached in the zip files at the
snmp4j download menu, aka snmp4j-agent-2.5.0.jar and snmp4j-2.5.0.jar. The
error, however, still exists.

What's the problem with this? is the example code just wrongly implemented?
Or, are the libraries wrongly set?

Thanks in advance!

Regards

BGKIM