[SNMP4J] Force snmp to use a private key

Maciazek Christophe macia44-boulot at yahoo.fr
Tue Jan 24 10:22:28 CET 2017

Hello,
Until now, I used some linux commands to send snmp requests.
Using passphrases :
snmpgetnext -u myUser -n myContextName -v 3 -l authPriv -a SHA -A myAuthPassPhrase -x AES -X myPrivPassPhrase 192.1.1.1 myOid

Directly using local keys for authentification and encryption (no use of the engined id received) :
snmpget -u myUser -n myContextName -v 3 -l authPriv -a SHA -3k a3f195ebf9390cca7b5cb193e52134852a287c5d -x AES -3K 03cee8d6123ed92b2aa3fba32152c8de 192.1.1.1 myOid
I have decided to use snmp4j to implement these commands, using snmp4j 2.5.0

No problem for the commands using passphrase. I have found enough exemples to do what I want.

But when I want to implement the second case, I can not understand in which element I have to indicate that I use local keys and that snmp4j has not to calculate keys with the received engined id.

Some help will be usefull please.
Thank you