No subject

Thu May 4 07:32:04 CEST 2017

"authoritative" SNMP Engine.  As such, the application is required to
response to snmpEngine discovery queries - BUT - I believe the SNMP4J stack
takes care of all of this for you.

I'm not real clear on port usage when just sending traps.  You might need
to use port 161 when sending the traps - allowing the manager application
to do the engine discovery as necessary.  If the manager application forces
engine discovery to port 161 - then you will have to "listen" on 161.

Note that all engine discovery transactions are handled by SNMP4J.  You
application will never see the queries.  I do not believe you need to
actually implement the CommandResponder interface.

Best regards,
Ron

"Kevin J. Schmidt" <kjschmidt at gmail.com> on 03/28/2005 09:37:49 AM

Please respond to "Kevin J. Schmidt" <kjschmidt at gmail.com>