No subject

Thu May 4 07:32:04 CEST 2017

KE

Keary Parinis <kpc7335e at yahoo.com> wrote: Frank et al,

  I appreciate all of the options and guidance.  I will look into all of them and let you know how it goes.  I am using version 1.7.6a.  I'll start by checking GETNEXT for any differences.  The agent I wrote works fine for some routers on my network.  I haven't found the definitive reason why.  The routers I have trouble with use tunneling on some interfaces.  I can't confirm this since some tunneling interfaces work okay while most do not.

  I thought there might be a problem with the ordering of indexes so I compared the getIndex values from TableEvents with the index OID from the interfaces group.  Things look okay, but I think the GETNEXT checks will shed more light.

  I haven't considered the dynamically changing table.  I print the rows immediately.  Is it possible to freeze the values so they don't change?

  KE

Frank Fock  wrote:
  Keary,

There are several possible causes for those rows not showing up
in the TableEvents:

(1) Agent does not implement GETBULK correctly.
(2) Agent does not implement lexicographic ordering correctly
and SNMP4J is not able to detect that in that special case.
(3) You have not properly specified the column OIDs.
(4) The table changes very dynamically.
(5) A bug in the TableUtils class of SNMP4J.

To sort that last point out, it would be nice if you
mention the version of SNMP4J you are using. To sort (1)
out, you can use GETNEXT (SNMPv1) instead of GETBULK.

Keary Parinis wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply. The ifAdminStatus for most of the interfaces not showing in/out traffic are up. I'm curious why I don't get any anything from the interface if my request includes in/out traffic OIDs. If I only request other OIDs (ifAdminStatus, ifOperStatus) I get the interfaces. When i include in/out traffic I get much fewer rows returned to my implementation of the TableListener. If there is no in/out traffic why don't those columns show up as null and still give me other OID info that I requested?
>
> KE
>
> Binu Raghavan wrote: It could be because the snmp agent on the device is not maintaining
> in/out traffic stats for interfaces for which the ifAdminStatus is down.
>
> On Thu, 2006-12-28 at 02:57 -0800, Keary Parinis wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am running into an issue reading router information from the interface group. What I am trying to accomplish is to read router interface index, admin status, oper status, and in/out traffic for a router with a table that implements the TableListener interface. I am using SNMP GETBULK requests to get the values of various OIDs in the interface group. When I attempt to get the interface index, admin status, and oper status for all interfaces I get all the interfaces OK. When I try to get in/out traffic it leaves out rows for some reason. I imagine it does this because that particular interface may not have in/out traffic data (just a guess). I set up two different table listeners for the same router's interface group and get a much lower number of rows for table that gets in/out traffic. It seems that it only does this with routers that use tunneling. The program works fine for my routers that only have serial point to point circuits. I'm not sure why this is
>> happenning. Any ideas? Thanks.
>>
>> K E

K E Parinis
keparinis at yahoo.com