[SNMP4J] snmp4j TestAgent example v3 trap configuration faulty ?

ulrich berl ulrich.berl at gmx.net
Thu Jul 12 08:46:21 CEST 2018

Thanks for clarification !

br, Ulrich

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 12. Juli 2018 um 08:25 Uhr
Von: "Frank Fock" <fock at agentpp.com>
An: "ulrich berl" <ulrich.berl at gmx.net>
Cc: snmp4j at agentpp.org
Betreff: Re: [SNMP4J] snmp4j TestAgent example v3 trap configuration faulty ?
Hi Ulrich,

I was intended to test/illustrate how VACM security works for notifications and traps. Many users are not aware that SNMP4J-Agent checks the access rights for outgoing variable bindings of a trap.

The AgenPro configuration template does not contain this (intended) inconsistency. Nevertheless, even this template is not a ready to use configuration for a production deployment, because it uses standard passwords and may not match your security requirements, because SNMPv1 and v2c are enabled by default.