[SNMP4J] ResponseEvent in case of wrong USM credentials

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Tue Feb 5 22:47:06 CET 2019

Hi Girish,

The SNMPv3 standard explicitly requires that there is NO special return code if authentication or privacy fails.
Instead the appropriate counters of the agent are incremented. If the command generator has read access to that counters, the failure can be analysed indirectly using those counters.

The standard has chosen this behaviour for security reasons.