Question about MibTable class

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Thu Apr 20 23:20:55 CEST 2000

Georgette Parrish wrote:

>    Hello. I am a developer with SignalSoft Corp. in Boulder,CO and have
> a question about the usage of the Agent++  MibTable class.  I need to
> build the MibTable dynamically every time a query is requested from our
> SNMP manager.  So I am wondering if there is a way to tell that this is
> the "first" time the get_next_request method is called on the MibTable
> class when the query is first initiated so I know when to build up the
> table information?  Or is there some other way that I can determine that
> this is the first query coming into a MibTable?  Hope this makes sense
> and let me know if you need more information.  Thanks!

If you subclass MibTable you can use your own flag that indicates,
when MibTable:get_next_request is first called.

But that does not seem to be the problem? I think you mean "the first
get_next in a sequence of get_next within the same table". If that is
what you want to do, then it is a sort of caching of table information.

You will then have to implement a timer that counts down to zero
from that time the table was last updated. The next update should then
be done when the next get_next for the table is called (after the timer
reached zero).

Does this solve your problem?

.