Cannot build 3.0e / 3.4k on NT

McWilliams, Gary gmcwilliams____cccnetsys.com
Thu Aug 24 09:52:59 CEST 2000

Ok, don't know is anyone is interested in this.

In order to 'fix' my problem, I had to add DLLOPT to a few of the functions
prototypes in the snmp++ 3.0e library. These were all defined in the asn1.h
header file.

Anyone interested?

-----Original Message-----
From: McWilliams, Gary [mailto:gmcwilliams____cccnetsys.com]
Sent: 22 August 2000 13:38
To: Agentpp-Dl (E-mail)
Subject: Cannot build 3.0e / 3.4k on NT

Guys,

I have not been looking at this for a while (been concentrating on a release
using 3.3e).

Anyway, thought it about time to upgrade, to get the latest and greatest
software.

Downloaded snmp++3.0e, built OK
Downloaded agent++3.4k, built OK

However when I link against my app, I get missing exports from the snmp
library.

For example, mib.cpp now calls asn_build_sequence(). 3.3e did not call this.
This function appears to be missing (missing DLLOPT?) from the snmp .lib
file.

Before I spend a lot of time investigating this further, can I just ask if
anyone has been able to successfully build these snmp++ / agent++ versions
on NT (specifically win2k, VC6 SP4).

--
Gary McWilliams
Principal Engineer