Q: SysName of MIBII

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Thu Aug 24 22:55:45 CEST 2000

Hi Manju,

I think sysName should be hostname + domain name,
but the user is free to use any other string which she
thinks describes the name of the system best.

The sysName object is just descriptive, no actions should
take place if the object is set.

If you need functionality like setting the hosts name, you
will have to define and implement an enterprise specific
object.