Trouble building Agent++ on NT

Jeff Eshbaugh JEshbaugh____webtonetech.com
Tue Dec 5 21:00:52 CET 2000

Hello Frank and list members,

After having read all of the mailing list archives, I am still having
trouble building Agent++ for Windows NT in VC++ 6. I'm using SNMP++ 3.0j and
Agent++ 3.4.1a. Specifically, I am getting the following link error:
snmp_pp_ext.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl
convertVbToSmival(class Vb &,struct SmiVALUE *)"
(?convertVbToSmival@@YAHAAVVb@@PAUSmiVALUE@@@Z)
Debug/agent_pp.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

I tried playing around with the paths and files included in the agent_pp
project but I always get the same result.

Here are the details for what I have done (minus all the playing around with
include files):
1.) Created a workspace with 2 separate projects:snmp_pp and agent_pp which
depends upon snmp_pp. When I created the projects in the workspace I chose
both projects to be DLLs that export functions.

2.) Added all source and header files to the respective projects.

3.) #undef _SNMPv3 in config.h for snmp_pp and agent++.h for agent_pp

4.) Added snmp++ and agent++ include directories before any other
directories.

5.) Added wsock32.lib to libraries included for both projects

6.) Set code generation flags for both projects to Debug Multithreaded DLL

7.) Added SNMP_PP_NATIVE_EXPORTS flag to snmp_pp project preprocessor flags
and AGENT_PP_NATIVE_EXPORTS flags to agent_pp. (I also tried making these
SNMP_PP_EXPORTS and AGENT_PP_EXPORTS but it still won't work)

8.) At this point the snmp_pp project compiles and links

9.) Add snmp_pp.lib to libraries included for link of agent_pp project

10.) All files in agent_pp project compile, but the link generates the error
mentioned above

If anyone can see a step I've missed or misunderstood, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff Eshbaugh
jeshbaugh at webtonetech.com