Building/Running on NT with SNMP++ 2.8

Jeff Stewart jstewart____remarq.com
Tue Jan 25 00:06:38 CET 2000

I'm trying to build a small demo agent using Agent++ 3.3 and SNMP++
2.8.  The documentation for SNMP++3.0 suggest that there are minor
changes to 2.6 to create 3.0.  What I've found so far is that I needed
to disable SNMP_V3, as I don't have a UTarget class defined in
SNMP++2.8.  No big deal, I don't intend to use SNMP 3 anyway.  However,
I'm running into other problems:

    I had to add declspec macros to all the classes to build Agent++ as
a DLL.
    I had to add send_snmp_request to snmp_pp_ext.cpp.

    That gets everything building, and I can build a small demo proxy
server.  However, I'm running into problems in SnmpX::receive.  It wants
to use select on a socket.  But I don't have a socket.  The contents of
iv_snmp_session aren't a socket, but rather a handle we received from
the results of SnmpOpen.  We can't do I/O on this handle directly.

    Am I just building the library incorrectly?  Is anyone running
Agent++ v3.3 based apps on NT?  If so, how did you build Agent++, and
what version of SNMP++ did you use?

    Jeff Stewart
    RemarQ Communities, Inc.