Building/Running on NT with SNMP++ 2.8

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Tue Jan 25 08:57:32 CET 2000

Hi Jeff,

the simpliest way to get SNMP++ running on NT is to use SNMP++v3.0
with v3 disabled. You can do this by undef _SNMPv3 in config.h.

I did not test SNMP++2.8 together with NT, but theoretically it should
work (anyhow ;-). As you mentioned, there are a few modifications
needed,
which are not needed when using SNMPv3. May be I can make sometimes
those changes...

Regards,
Frank Fock

Jeff Stewart wrote:

> I'm trying to build a small demo agent using Agent++ 3.3 and SNMP++
> 2.8.  The documentation for SNMP++3.0 suggest that there are minor
> changes to 2.6 to create 3.0.  What I've found so far is that I needed

> to disable SNMP_V3, as I don't have a UTarget class defined in
> SNMP++2.8.  No big deal, I don't intend to use SNMP 3 anyway.
However,