some suggestion

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Fri Jan 28 12:34:42 CET 2000

Hi,

javalist wrote:

> Hello Agent++ Users:
>
>       1.From  the  hierarchy  and the comment of class Mib,that Mib is
>       mainly  used to process request.but generally a Mib used in real
>       work  is  used like a database,the current Mib class has methods
>       to  register  Mib  Object  but  no public method to retrive them
>       again,it may act like a black hole to eat all the mib object and
>       no  way  out,as  I  suggest the find method should be public and
>       more find/search method should provide for this purpose.

I am wondering if in real life a MIB is really a database (see
"Understanding SNMP MIBs" by D.Perkins). It's my understanding,
that it is a conceptual database, but in "real life" a MIB is realized as
a lookup table for instrumentation code.

I did not implement a public access method, because I thought that
it would be a better design style to access management values from
within the instrumentation code. Writing them from outside has some
disadvantages: for example, the need for synchronization.

>       2.during   compilation   of   agent++,if   with  gcc  and  -Wall
>       options,thousans warning of unused argument killed my screen and
>       that's  too  bad.when  using  agent++  every time I include some
>       agent++  header the warning of unused argument also make me hard
>       to find the error msg about my code.can you fix all these unused
>       argument   complain.as   I   am   using  another  library  named
>       ACE(Adaptive  Communication Enviroment),they handle with a macro
>       like following:

I do not have any warnings when compiling AGENT++ using g++ with -Wall.
Do you use -pedantic? What operating system?

> Best Regards
>                                mailto:javalist at 21cn.com

Best regards,
Frank Fock