tcp/ip stack configuration

Frank Fock frank.fock____marconi.com
Mon Jul 10 14:47:46 CEST 2000

Hello David,

please see my comments below:

DavidGL wrote:

>  The versions I'm using are SNMP++v2.8a (the file named "spp32W28.exe"
>  in the web) and AGENT++NTv2.13d (the file named "agent++v2_13d_nt.zip").
>
> )Are you trying to create an Windows NT subagent, or a standalone
> )agent?
>
>  Sorry, I'm not too sure what a subagent is (is it the name for an
>  agent that connects to a master agent?). What difference is there
>  between them? However, I think it is a standalone agent what I need.

OK, then I recommend using AGENT++v3.4 and SNMP++v3.0. I think you
do not need SNMPv3 support, so you undefine _SNMPv3 in config.h of
SNMP++v3.0 and undefine _SNMPv3 in the agent++.h of AGENT++v3.4.
This disables SNMPv3 support (RSAEURO is then not needed).

I recommend SNMP++v3.0 instead of SNMP++v2.8a because it includes
several bug fixes, which make the agent's SNMP system more reliable.

AGENT++v3.4 can be compiled on NT using VC++ 6.0 and the setup of
such a "standalone" agent is much easier than the setup of a NT
subagent.