tcp/ip stack configuration

DavidGL se04532____salleURL.edu
Mon Jul 10 15:19:54 CEST 2000

 Dear Frank,

)this is not really the appropiate mailing list to ask questions about
)WinSNMP, but if you could email me the SNMP++ and AGENT++
)versions you are using I will try to help you (including your second
)question about "An Agent for a Win32 application).

 Thank you very much, I must admit I am quite a bit lost so I apologize
 for writing to the wrong mailing list.

 The versions I'm using are SNMP++v2.8a (the file named "spp32W28.exe"
 in the web) and AGENT++NTv2.13d (the file named "agent++v2_13d_nt.zip").

)Are you trying to create an Windows NT subagent, or a standalone
)agent?

 Sorry, I'm not too sure what a subagent is (is it the name for an
 agent that connects to a master agent?). What difference is there
 between them? However, I think it is a standalone agent what I need.

 The system is the following: some PC WinNT based machines (workstations)
 with one or two applications running on each one. The applications
 may have some processes working and a manager should be capable to
 monitorize if they are running correctly, if an error occurred...

 We program these applications with MS Visual C++ 6.0.

 Is the above information enough to let you help me? Please, ask me
 anything else you may need.

   Regards, David.

>  Dear winsnmp,
>
>   I'm David and I'm developing an SNMP Agent using Agent++, that also
>  needs SNMP++.
>
>   When reading the readme.txt in the root tree of oo_snmp I found the
>  following text:
>
> >SNMPTRAP.EXE
> >   - Trap reception system service for Windows NT. This is a system
> >     service which should repalce NT's file with the extact name. First
> >     install NT's SNMPTRAP.EXE through the TCP/IP stack configuration.
> >     Next replace this file with the one provided. This will enable
> >     WinSNMP to receive traps from the system service which owns the
> >     SNMP trap port (162 for UDP).
>
>   I'd prefer not to bother you with that question, but I don't know
>  where's the TCP/IP stack configuration and I can't find the
SNMPTRAP.EXE
>  that is supposed to be in NT (this second thing is obviously not a
>  problem since I should replace it). Could you tell me then, how to
>  configure the TCP/IP stack, please? (I'm using NT 4.0 WorkStation).

 David Gonzalez i Lesmes                      e-mail: se04532 at salleURL.edu
                                              http:   //welcome.to/DavidGL
 Projecte FlowServer                          telf:     (+34) 93.290.24.28
 Centre de TeleVisió Digital (CeTVD)
 Enginyeria i Arquitectura La Salle. Universitat Ramon Llull