Enabeling/destroying rows in tables

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Fri Jun 9 18:50:57 CEST 2000

helge.fredriksen____4tel.no wrote:

> But when I try to enable the row, setting
>
> snmpset "TableOIDnumber".256.1.11 i 1
>
> where 1 is the "ready"-flag for this row, I get the answer WrongValue from
> the agent?

What was the rowStatus before you tried to set it to
inService(1)? If it was notReady(3), then the answer
will be INCONSIST_VAL (SNMPv2c).

> Similarly saying
>
> snmpset "TableOIDnumber".256.1.11 i 6
>
> to destroy the row is also not allowed? What has changed???
> It seems that only the value 5 is allowed now.

I have tested it with a v3.4 agent and there was no problem
creating a row, setting it inService and destroying it.
Because I did not change anything in the API around the
rowStatus handling, I assume that may be you have changed
something in your code? If you like, you can send me the
MibTable class definition to let me look at it.