Is it possible to change the agent-addr value

Steve Eastham Steve.Eastham____wcom.com
Thu Jun 15 23:38:51 CEST 2000

The module I'm working on will sit between a Cisco SNMP proxy and a SNMP
manager. Is there any way for my SNMP++ module to change the agent-addr
value? Of course by default this agent-addr value is set to the IP address
of the machine running the SNMP++ program. What I would like to do is take a
var binding from the Cisco PDU that contains the switchname and look this up
into an IP address then use this as the agent-addr value for the traps I
forward.

Thanks in advance

Steve Eastham
Sr. Application Developer