agent++3.3 linux build prob

Frank Fock frank.fock____marconicomms.com
Thu Mar 30 16:04:10 CEST 2000

Guy.HINDELL____opentrade.co.uk wrote:
> As a first attempt I tried fetching snmp++2.8a and agent++3.3. How far do
> these differ from the snmp++2.6/agent++2.13 material that I have developed
> with so far? Am I in for a lot of code changes?

There are a couple of changes, escpecially between AGENT++v2.13 and v3.3,
but no fundamental changes. Please see the CHANGES files for details.

> On trying to build under Linux (redhat 6.1, kernel 2.2.12) the snmp++ stuff
> builds fine, but the agent++ build fails very early with the following
> output...

If you are using SNMP++v2.8 (which is not SNMPv3 enabled), you will have to
undefine _SNMPv3 in agent++/include/agent++.h in order to disable the SNMPv3
stuff in AGENT++.

However, if you need v3 support, you may use SNMP++v3.0 instead of v2.8.

Frank Fock                     Marconi Communications Software Systems
<frank.fock at marconicomms.com>  Blumenstrasse 22-24,
Phone: +49 7191 13-4851        71522 Backnang,
Fax:   +49 7191 13-2502        Germany