agent++3.3 linux build prob

Guy.HINDELL____opentrade.co.uk Guy.HINDELL____opentrade.co.uk
Thu Mar 30 16:57:29 CEST 2000

Many thanks, I'm now off and running.

A further question. Where previously I have been building extension agent
dlls under NT, the unix builds will give me an agent running as an independ
process on its own port, yes? I will then have to get the master agents on
Solaris (snmpdx) and RedHat (the UCD snmp agent, snmpd) to proxy to my agent
if I want to access mine via the standard port, right? Or does agent++ cater
for the extension schemes of native agents other than NT?

thanks again

guy

Guy Hindell
Opentrade Technologies
guy.hindell at opentrade.co.uk

		-----Original Message-----
		From:	Frank Fock [mailto:frank.fock____marconicomms.com]
		Sent:	Thursday, March 30, 2000 3:04 PM
		To:	Guy.HINDELL____opentrade.co.uk
		Cc:	agentpp-dl____fock.de
		Subject:	Re: agent++3.3 linux build prob

		Guy.HINDELL____opentrade.co.uk wrote:
		> As a first attempt I tried fetching snmp++2.8a and
agent++3.3. How far do
		> these differ from the snmp++2.6/agent++2.13 material that
I have developed
		> with so far? Am I in for a lot of code changes?

		There are a couple of changes, escpecially between
AGENT++v2.13 and v3.3,
		but no fundamental changes. Please see the CHANGES files for
details.

		> On trying to build under Linux (redhat 6.1, kernel 2.2.12)
the snmp++ stuff
		> builds fine, but the agent++ build fails very early with
the following
		> output...

		If you are using SNMP++v2.8 (which is not SNMPv3 enabled),
you will have to
		undefine _SNMPv3 in agent++/include/agent++.h in order to
disable the SNMPv3
		stuff in AGENT++.

		However, if you need v3 support, you may use SNMP++v3.0
instead of v2.8.

		Frank Fock                     Marconi Communications
Software Systems
		<frank.fock at marconicomms.com>  Blumenstrasse 22-24,
		Phone: +49 7191 13-4851        71522 Backnang,
		Fax:   +49 7191 13-2502        Germany

* ------------------------------------------------------------------------ *
 Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this
 message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this
 message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such
 person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone.
 In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly
 notify the sender by reply e-mail. Please advise immediately
 if you or your employer does not consent to Internet e-mail
 for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other
 information in this message that do not relate to the
 official business of my Company shall be understood as
 neither given or endorsed by it.