agent++3.3 linux build prob

Frank Fock frank.fock____marconicomms.com
Fri Mar 31 09:30:47 CEST 2000

Guy.HINDELL____opentrade.co.uk wrote:
> A further question. Where previously I have been building extension agent
> dlls under NT, the unix builds will give me an agent running as an independ
> process on its own port, yes? I will then have to get the master agents on
> Solaris (snmpdx) and RedHat (the UCD snmp agent, snmpd) to proxy to my agent
> if I want to access mine via the standard port, right? Or does agent++ cater
> for the extension schemes of native agents other than NT?

You can start both, the NT and the UNIX version of an AGENT++ agent, on
the standard port 161. You then have to implement all the MIBs you need
to support using AGENT++.

As far as I know, the subagent protocol of Solaris' snmpdx is SNMP. Thus,
you should be able to use an AGENT++ agent as a subagent to snmpdx.

With the UCD agent you will be able to use AgentX in the near future.
I will release a beta version of AgentX++ after Easter.

Frank Fock                     Marconi Communications Software Systems
<frank.fock at marconicomms.com>  Blumenstrasse 22-24,
Phone: +49 7191 13-4851        71522 Backnang,
Fax:   +49 7191 13-2502        Germany