get request performance for large mib tables

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Wed May 10 17:52:31 CEST 2000

Guy.HINDELL____opentrade.co.uk wrote:

> I suspected that this would be the case. However, because I have to produce
> NT extension agents I have to stay with the 2.13 code. How easy would it be
> to apply the optimizations of v3 to 2.13? Is this worth doing? Where can I
> look for the code changes?

The main change is the type of the member MibTable::contents. In v3.3 it is of
type OidList<MibTableRow>, whereas in v2.13 it is of type
OrderedList<MibTableRow>. The implementation of OidList can be found
in List.h. I am not sure, but I think around this there are other changes to
be made. May be a diff on the MibTable implementation can help.