Table entry creation

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Thu May 11 01:19:14 CEST 2000

Majdi Abuelbassal wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to use the snmpset to create a table entry for
> the table shown below, with or without row status entry.
> assuming the opc table has an Oid of ".1.3.6.1.4.1.9999.2":
>
> snmpset -v 2 localhost public .1.3.6.1.4.1.9999.2.1.1.0 s "entry1"
>
> Bottom line I'm trying to find the right command to start filling the table.
> I added a row status object to facilitate this but still no success

Your index of the table is an OCTET STRING without implied length.
Thus you have to specifiy the length of your string.
Another point is that the first column is read-only, so you only
can write the second column. BTW, it is recommended to make
the index columns not-accessible, in order to avoid redundancy.

So a valid SET command will be:

snmpset -v 2 localhost public .1.3.6.1.4.1.9999.2.1.2.3.65.65.65 s "entry1"

where 3 is the length of the index string and AAA is the index string.
(The value of column 1).