How to disable RSAEuro?

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Thu May 18 22:54:37 CEST 2000

Majdi Abuelbassal wrote:

> Frank, I am building this Agent also in the US. Is there a restriction on
> using the SNMP v3 package? I need SNMP v3, do I need to get another library
> (other than RSAEURO) to work with agent++?

No, the license agreement of RSAEURO says:

6.   RSAEURO is a publication of cryptographic techniques. Applications
     developed with RSAEURO may be subject to export controls in some
     countries. If you are located in the United States and develop such
     applications using RSAEURO, you are advised to obtain a copy of RSAREF
     from RSADSI, as you may using RSAEURO infringe on Patents held by RSA
     Data Security and Cylink.

Thus, only if you try to export agents built with RSAEURO outside the U.S.
you MAY infringe on Patents held by RSA Data Security and Cylink.

But as far as I know, this restriction is no longer valid. Please correct me if
I am
wrong, but Netscape and others now export strong security outside the U.S.