Problems using access entries

helge.fredriksen____4tel.no helge.fredriksen____4tel.no
Fri May 19 19:24:56 CEST 2000

Hello!

We have just been upgrading from AGENT++ 3.3 to AGENT++ 3.4 and encountered
the following problem:

We are working with a process-table, which we use to spawn new processes on
a host.
During this process, it is necessary for us to dynamically create new
context views, so
that the correct process can be accessed later on for managed information.

In version 3.3 we successfully used the following code to create such views
when a
new row (new process) were created in our process-table:

void processEntry::row_added(MibTableRow* row, const Oidx& index, MibTable*
src)
{
 Oidx tmpoid = index;
 ((processID*)row->get_nth(0))->replace_value(new Gauge32(
atoi(tmpoid.get_printable()) ));

 vacm->addNewContext(tmpoid.get_printable());
 vacm->addNewAccessEntry("initial", tmpoid.get_printable(),
    SecurityModel_USM, SecurityLevel_noAuthNoPriv,
    match_exact,
    "newView", "newView",
    "newView", storageType_nonVolatile);
}

The Vacm object were exported to our mib.cpp file using extern *vacm, and it
were registered in our requestList as in the examples in main().

>From the log it seems that when I try to use the new Context created here,
the agent have registered that this context exist, but it gives me the reply
that "No such object available on this agent" via the UCD snmpget-tool.

Also it is fully possible to access the my mib-entries using snmpwalk on the
predefined empty view (-n "" in UCD snmpget), but trying to use one of the
new views is impossible.

I also tried to enable the default context "other" in several ways in the
agent code, to see if this problem was related to the sequence of inserting
views/context/groups/accessentry etc. but it seems that only the blank ""
context works using snmpwalk and snmpget.

Please help me with a working example on how I can use the
addNewContext/AccessEntry dynamically during execution. Is there some new
code that must be added perhaps?

Best regards,
Helge.Fredriksen at 4tel.no <mailto:Helge.Fredriksen at 4tel.no>
System developer, EDB 4tel, 8002 BODØ, NORWAY
Tel: 75 51 24 82 (direct line), 75 51 24 00 (switchboard)
Fax: 75 51 24 01