Agent Proxy

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Wed Nov 1 18:20:05 CET 2000

Hi Corrado,

Please find my answer below:

Corrado Giacomini wrote:

> I have the following :
>
> Manager(v2) ----- AGENT++----UCD snmpd v1/v2agent
> Tha manage is a snmpwalk utility from ucd.
> The AGENT++ is acting as a proxy for all the mib-2
> The UCD snmpd is configured in order to accept only  v2c call
>
> When I walk the mib using for example snmwalk (from UCD) in the
> following way :
> snmpwalk -p6200 -v2c 127.0.0.1 public
> I got the UCD agent called by the proxy AGENT++ but the snmp message
> received from
> ucd snmpd contain a v1 request.

> How can explitly tell the proxy agent to send version2c messages to the
> target agent ?

There two ways (the first is preferrable):
1. Use MibProxyV3 instead of MibProxy. MibProxyV3 uses the
   SNMP-PROXY-MIB which provides objects that enable you
   to control how messages are proxied.
2. Change the SnmpRequest::process in order to use SNMPv2c only.

Frank Fock - AGENT++
Email: frank____fock.de
Fax: +49 7195 177108