Antwort: Simple example ?

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Tue Oct 10 19:15:45 CEST 2000

Corrado Giacomini wrote:

> Yes, I am still confused on how to create rows using a SET operation and
>
> on what is the sequence of calls of the following methods of my table
> and where I should put the row creation code.

Put the code to create the "row" within your management
instrumentation within the MibTable::row_added method.
This method is called when a row is instanciated by a
SNMP request (i.e., a SET request on the RowStatus
of the row). Please note that when this method is being
called not all (or even any) of the columns might be set.

> Sould I firts send a  set  of customerRowStatus with the assigned
> CustomerId as index and value CreateAndWait ?
> like:
>     SET customerRowStatus.1001 = CreateAndWait ( Where 1001 is the new
> index of the new table)
>     and the send onother set for the rest of the objects..
> or
>     shuld I send a set with all the objects of the table indexed by he
> CustomerId value like
>         SET ( CustomerId.1010 = 1001,
>                    CustomerName .1001="Goofy"
>                    CustomerSurname.1001="The Goofy"
>                    CustomerAddress="Main street n2"
>                    CustomerPhone="0123456789"
>                    CustomerRowStatus=CreateAdnWait)

You may choose either way. Please note that in the second
case one would usse createAndGo instead createAndWait.

Frank Fock - AGENT++
Email: frank____fock.de
Fax: +49 7195 177108